Guidelines, Reporting Bugs & New Feature Requests:
Disclaimer: We used many guidelines done by HackerNews as we believe they have done a great job in creating a meaningful and highly valuable community.
Fintech News is an open community where anyone can contribute. However, whilst contributing, let's all stick to principles to make sure it’s a lively and healthy community.
- Keep posts on topic - this principle speaks for itself. Keep content relevant to the fintech ecosystem OR keep topics that you believe would affect the fintech industry moving forward.
- No off-topic posts - no need for cat videos or stay-at-home dads playing with babies. Politics, crime and other controversial topics are fine, but have to be related to the fintech industry.
keep in mind
- Please don't do things to make titles stand out, like using uppercase or exclamation points, or adding a parenthetical remark saying how great an article is. It's implicit in submitting something that you think it's important.
- If you submit a link to a video or pdf, please warn us by appending [video] or [pdf] to the title.
- Please don't use uppercase for emphasis. You just look spammy and will work against you.
- Please use common sense. Be civil and use appropriate language. Don't say things you wouldn't say in a face-to-face conversation. Avoid gratuitous negativity.
- Disagreeing - it’s okay to disagree but please respect people’s opinions. Refrain from inappropriate and tone. For example, don’t say “What are you talking about? Are you an idiot?”. Instead, aim for something more civilised, “Whilst I respect your opinion, have you double checked your facts? Where was the original source?”. You get the hint.
- Please don't use uppercase for emphasis. If you want to emphasize a word or phrase, put *asterisks* around it and it will get italicized.